Best Family-Friendly Places To Eat in Santa Cruz, CA
From breakfast food to burritos and everything in between - here are some of our favorite places to eat in Santa Cruz that the whole family is sure to enjoy!
While the picturesque beach town of Santa Cruz, California, is mostly known for its spectacular surf and breathtaking views, it also boasts incredible local cuisine at several eateries that are renowned by city residents and tourists alike. Many of these restaurants offer beachfront views as well as culinary delights and impeccable ambience. Without further ado, here are a few of our favorite family-friendly dining destinations in the beautiful city of Santa Cruz!
- Located directly on the Mariner Park Lawn on the Santa Cruz Harbor, Aldo’s has been a Santa Cruz fixture for nearly 60 years. This classic restaurant serves up seafood dishes, authentic Italian cuisine, and boasts a breakfast menu with handcrafted pastries as well as breakfast staples like omelettes, eggs benedict, pancakes, and even breakfast burritos! Children can play on the Mariner Park Lawn while breakfast is being served, and the whole family can enjoy the breathtaking views of the harbor while eating a delectable breakfast.
- Known for being home to the best breakfast burritos in the 831, The Point Market has a robust menu of breakfast and lunch dishes, including vegan and vegetarian options! Additionally, the market is located within close proximity of the Pleasure Point Break on East Cliff Drive. Enjoy a beautiful morning or afternoon with the family eating scrumptious breakfast while watching the surf!
- This popular Southern California coffee spot has a location on Pacific Avenue in Santa Cruz, only a 20 minute walk from Pleasure Point County Park. After enjoying a hearty breakfast at Aldo’s or The Point Market, enjoy an artisan coffee at Verve to fuel up for a day of enjoying the sights of Santa Cruz!
- This ice cream spot is well-known for being the only spot in Santa Cruz that handcrafts ice cream from scratch. The shop’s flavors change with the seasons and feature locally farmed and organic ingredients. With innovative flavors such as Black Tea Plum, Bitter Caramel, and Lemon Gingersnap as well as the usual classics, The Penny Ice Creamery is sure to feature options that the whole family can enjoy together!
- A favorite with Santa Cruz locals, Zameen puts a Californian twist on Mediterranean street food with their innovative dishes. This eatery includes options for all dietary needs, including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free dishes. There’s even a kid’s menu for the little ones in the family! Whether you’re an adventurous eater or you prefer the classics, Zameen At The Point is bound to have something for you.
While this list is by no means exhaustive, we hope that this blog post has provided you with inspiration for your next trip to Santa Cruz. Whether you are a local or a tourist, these eateries are sure to showcase the best of Santa Cruz cuisine and have dishes for everyone in the family to enjoy! Have you been to or plan to go to any of these spots? Let us know in the comments below! Be sure to take your SOULBUDDY hats along on the adventure too! As always, be sure to follow us on Instagram @soulbuddyhats for travel and adventure tips, and be sure to tag us in your posts across social media with #soulbuddyhats so we can see how you style your SOULBUDDY gear!