Father’s Day is fast approaching - and what better place to spend it than in sunny, picturesque Santa Cruz, CA? In this blog post, the SOULBUDDY team will be taking you through an ideal Father’s Day itinerary in our favorite beachside town!
It is 8:30PM on a beautiful June day in California, and the sun is finally setting. It is the official sign that the summer months are upon us, and that means it is finally time to celebrate all the hardworking father figures in our lives. Ultimately, however one defines a father or a parent, they deserve a celebration of appreciation. In today’s blog post, we would like to take you through an ideal Father’s Day in and surrounding the city of Santa Cruz and give you our suggestions on ways to celebrate and appreciate all of the father figures in our lives.
A Perfect Father’s Day In and Near Santa Cruz, California
- Start your day with a strong cup of coffee and some scrumptious breakfast. One of our favorite spots to enjoy a family-friendly breakfast is Gayle’s Bakery and Rosticceria in nearby Capitola. From fruit-filled pastries to satisfy your sweet tooth to quiches, yogurt parfaits, and huevos rancheros, this classic joint offers sweet and savory breakfast staples that will be sure to make your taste buds happy!
- Next, spend some quality time with Dad at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Starting off the day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium is the perfect educational and entertaining activity for both Dad and the kids. This historic aquarium is the window to the diverse marine species of the Monterey Bay and Southern California as a whole.
- Next up, grab a hearty lunch with the family at Aptos St. BBQ. Known for their award-winning barbecue and craft beer selection, this joint is a staple of delectable dining in the Santa Cruz area. From sandwiches to salads to everything in between, this eatery offers something that everyone in the family can enjoy. Plus, Aptos St. BBQ also has a live blues band in-house to serve as entertainment for the family!
- After dinner, spend some time with Dad at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Tourists and locals alike are drawn to this classic destination, and for good reason - it’s family friendly fun for an inexpensive price! Try your luck at carnival skill games with Dad - or, if you’re feeling a bit more adventurous, spend your tickets on an amusement park roller coaster or thrill ride!
- After enjoying one of the top amusement attractions in Santa Cruz, it’s time to end your night with some groovy tunes. The Catalyst Club in Santa Cruz is celebrating Father’s Day by throwing a show with legendary 90’s alternative band Third Eye Blind headlining. Finish out your evening by taking Dad to this all-ages concert and have a memorable night of dancing and throwbacks to show your appreciation.
Father's Day only comes once a year - so take this opportunity to show Dad how much you appreciate his presence in your life! We hope you enjoyed our Father’s Day itinerary and that you take your SOULBUDDY hats along for the adventure with you! As always, be sure to follow us on Instagram @soulbuddyhats for travel and adventure tips, and be sure to tag us in your posts across social media with #soulbuddyhats so we can see how you style your SOULBUDDY gear!